- “x1 is a clone of x” means x1 is identical to x in terms of the physical attributes namely, height, weight and complexion. Given, height, weight and complexion only form a complete set of attributes for an entity, cloning is an equivalence relation. What is your impression about this statement ?
(A) The statement is true
(B) The statement is false
(C) The truth value of the statement cannot be computed
(D) None of these
- ‘R is a robot of M’ means R can perform some of the tasks that otherwise M would do and R is unable to do anything else. Which of the following is the most appropriate representation to model this situation ?
Explanation: M is the big set and R is the small set as ‘R is a robot of M’
For example, ‘Pigeon is a bird’ where bird is big set and pigeon is the small set
As R cannot perform any other tasks compared to M, R set should be inside the M set
- “My Lafter Machin (MLM) recognizes the following strings :
Using this as an information, how would you compare the following regular expressions?
(ii) a.(baa)3x–1. ba
(A) (ii) and (iii) are same, (i) is different.
(B) (ii) and (iii) are not same.
(C) (i), (ii) and (iii) are different.
(D) (i), (ii) and (iii) are same.
- S1 : I teach algorithms and maths.
S2 : My professor teaches maths, electronics and computer science.
S3 : I have a student of maths.
S4 : Algorithm is a part of computer science.
S5 : Maths students know computer science.
What would be the chromatic number of a graph, vertices of which are the actors/entities that are involved in the sentences S1 to S5 and edges-to represent the associations/relationships amongst the entities/actors as expressed in the sentences S1 to S5 above?
(A) 2 (B) 3
(C) 4 (D) None of these
- For your ATM debit card, you have a 4-decimal-digit personal secret code. In the absence of any clue, a brute-force attack takes time-‘t’ to crack the code on an ATM terminal. Therefore ‘t’ is the secure-time for a customer to report in case the card is misplaced. Your Bank has decided to facilitate an increased secure-time. Out of the following, which option should provide the largest rise in the value of ‘t’ ?
(A) Instead of 4-decimal-digits, maintain the personal secret code in 4-hexadecimal-digits.
(B) Instead of 4-decimal digits, maintain a 5-decimal-digit personal secret code.
(C) Reduce the processing speed of the ATM terminals to the half of their current speed.
(D) None of the above provides any improvement.
- The logic expression for the output of the circuit shown in the figure is
(A) A’C’+B’C’+CD (B) AC’+BC’+C’D
(C) ABC+C’D’ (D) A’B’+B’C’+C’D’
- Advantage of synchronous sequential circuits over asynchronous ones is
(A) faster operation
(B) ease of avoiding problems due to hazard
(C) lower hardware requirement
(D) better noise immunity
- What is the transitive voltage for the voltage input of a CMOS operating from 10V supply?
(A) 1V (B) 2V
(C) 5V (D) 10 V
- What is decimal equivalent of BCD 11011.1100 ?
(A) 22.0 (B) 22.2
(C) 20.2 (D) 21.2
- The function represented by the kmap given below is
(A) A.B (B) AB+BC+CA
(C) (BÅC)’ (D) A.B.C
- The statement
print f (“ % d”, 10 ? 0 ? 5 : 1 : 12);
(A) 10 (B) 0
(C) 12 (D) 1
- What will be the output of the following c-code ?
void main ( )
char *P = “ayqm” ;
c = ++*p ;
printf (“%c”, c);
(A) a (B) c
(C) b (D) q
- Member of a class specified as …………… are accessible only to method of the class.
(A) private (B) public
(C) protected (D) derive
- Match the following :
(a) Garbage collection in 1. Java
(b) Nameless object 2. generic programming
(c) Template support 3. defines a class
(d) A forward reference 4. member function
(e) Derived class inherits
from base class 5. within a statement
(a) (b) (c) (d) (e)
(A) 1 5 4 2 3
(B) 1 5 2 3 4
(C) 5 1 2 3 4
(D) 5 4 3 1 2
- The data type created by the data abstraction process is called
(A) class (B) structure
(C) abstract data type (D) user defined data type
- An entity instance is a single occurrence of an …………..
(A) entity type
(B) relationship type
(C) entity and relationship type
(D) None of these
- Generalization is ………… process.
(A) top-down (B) bottom up
(C) both (A) & (B) (D) None of these
- Match the following :
- 2 NF (a) transitive dependencies eliminated
- 3 NF (b) multivalued attribute removed
III. 4 NF (c) contain no partial functional dependencies
- 5 NF (d) contains no join dependency
I II III IV
(A) (a) (c) (b) (d)
(B) (d) (a) (b) (c)
(C) (c) (d) (a) (b)
(D) (d) (b) (a) (c)
- Which data management language component enabled the DBA to define the schema components ?
(A) DML (B) Sub-schema DLL
(C) Schema DLL (D) All of these
- The PROJECT Command will create new table that has
(A) more fields than the original table
(B) more rows than original table
(C) both (A) & (B)
(D) none of these
- If we have six stack operations pushing and popping each of A, B and C-such that push (A) must occur before push (B) which must occur before push (C), then A, C, B is a possible order for the pop operations, since this could be our sequence : push (A), pop (A), push (B), push (C), pop (C), pop (B). Which one of the following orders could not be the order the pop operations are run, if we are to satisfy the requirements described above ?
(A) ABC (B) CBA
(C) BAC (D) CAB
- What is the most appropriate data structure to implement a priority queue ?
(A) Heap (B) Circular array
(C) Linked list (D) Binary tree
- In a complete binary tree of n nodes, how far are the two most distant nodes ? Assume each edge in the path counts as !
(A) About log2n (B) About 2 log2n
(C) About n log2n (D) About 2n
- A chained hash table has an array size of 100. What is the maximum number of entries that can be placed in the table ?
(A) 100 (B) 200
(C) 10000 (D) There is no upper limit
Ans is D.
There is no upper limit(Though that may be constrained by OS & Virtual Memory for Very Very Huge value)
- In a B tree of order 5, the following keys are inserted as follows :
7, 8, 1, 4, 13, 20, 2, 6 and 5
How many elements are present in the root of the tree ?
(A) 1 (B) 2
(C) 3 (D) 4
- The …………… field is the SNMP PDV reports an error in a response message.
(A) error index (B) error status
(C) set request (D) agent index
- What does the URL need to access documents ?
- Path name
- Host name
- Retrieval method
- Server port number
(A) I, II, III (B) I, III, V
(C) I, II, IV (D) III, IV, V
- End-to-End connectivity is provided from Last-to-Last in
(A) Network layer (B) Session layer
(C) Transport layer (D) Data link layer
- What services does the internet layer provide ? 1. Quality of service 2.Routing 3. Addressing 4.Connection oriented delivery 5.Framing bits
(A) 1, 2, 3 (B) 2, 3, 4
(C) 1, 3, 4, 5 (D) 2, 3, 4, 5
- What is the maximum operating rate of a wireless LAN using infrared communication ?
(A) 1 mbps (B) 2 mbps
(C) 5 mbps (D) 11mbps
- In an absolute loading scheme, which loader function is accomplished by a loader ?
(A) Re-allocation (B) Allocation
(C) Linking (D) Loading
- Which of the following expression is represented by the parse tree ?
(A) (A + B) * C (B) A + * BC
(C) A + B * C (D) A * C + B
- Consider the following left associative operators in decreasing order of precedence :
– subtraction (highest precedence)
$ exponentiation (lowest precedence)
What is the result of the following expression ?
3 – 2 * 4 $ | * 2**3
(A) – 61 (B) 64
(C) 512 (D) 4096
- Which of the following is the most general phase structured grammar ?
(A) Regular (B) Context-sensitive
(C) Context free (D) None of the above
- Which of the following is used for grouping of characters into tokens (in a computer) ?
(A) A parser (B) Code optimizer
(C) Code generator (D) Scanner
- Match the following :
(a) Disk scheduling 1. Round-robin
(b) Batch processing 2. SCAN
(c) Time sharing 3. LIFO
(d) Interrupt processing 4. FIFO
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) 3 4 2 1
(B) 4 3 2 1
(C) 2 4 1 3
(D) 1 4 3 2
- ………….. synchronizes critical resources to prevent dead lock.
(A) P-operator (B) V-operator
(C) Semaphore (D) Swapping
- …………….. is one of pre-emptive scheduling algorithm.
(A) RR (B) SSN
(C) SSF (D) Priority based
- In order to allow only one process to enter its critical section, binary semaphore are initialized to
(A) 0 (B) 1
(C) 2 (D) 3
- Remote Computing Service involves the use of time sharing and …………..
(A) multi-processing (B) interactive processing
(C) batch processing (D) real-time processing
- Software engineering primarily aims on
(A) reliable software
(B) cost effective software
(C) reliable and cost effective software
(D) none of the above
- Top-down design does not require
(A) step-wise refinement (B) loop invariants
(C) flow charting (D) modularity
- Which model is simplest model in Software Development ?
(A) Waterfall model (B) Prototyping
(C) Iterative (D) None of these
- Design phase will usually be
(A) top-down (B) bottom-up
(C) random (D) centre fringing
(A) is used to control the operating system
(B) includes programs designed to help programmers
(C) performs a specific task for computer users
(D) all of the above
- The cost of the network is usually determined by
(A) time complexity (B) switching complexity
(C) circuit complexity (D) none of these
- A leased special high-speed connection from the local telephone carrier for business users that transmits at 1.544 mbps is known as ……………. carrier.
(A) T1 (B) T2
(C) T3 (D) T4
- CDMA Cell uses …………… carriers of 1.25 MHz.
(A) 9 (B) 18
(C) 22 (D) 64
- At any given time Parallel Virtual Machine (PVM) has ……………. send buffer and …………… receive buffer.
(A) one-one (B) one-two
(C) two-two (D) two-one
- Data Mining uses ………….., …………….. and …………….. to build effective predictive model.
(i) Data set
(ii) Information set
(iii) Input set
(iv) Process set
(v) Output set
(vi) Test set
(A) (i), (ii) and (iv)
(B) (ii), (iv) and (v)
(C) (i), (v) and (vi)
(D) (ii), (iii) and (v)